1. Our Services
BestSuggest provides you recommendations based on your search queries. With BestSuggest, you can easily find useful options online and bookmark such options for later browsing. Some of the recommendations provided may include sponsored content owned by third parties (“Sponsored Content”).
2. What Information We Collect
BestSuggest collects your data in order to function effectively and better enhance your online experience. This data may include:
- Information you provide to us when you contact us by email. This may include your first and last name, email address, and other details contained within your communication.
- Information about your browser, network, and device. This may include your IP address, device identifiers, browser type, regional and language settings, and other similar information.
- Information related to your use of our Extension. In order to provide you with relevant recommendations, we collect your search queries. We may also collect data about your interaction with our Extension and Website, such as the number of times you click on a certain feature offered on our Extension.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data related to the performance of our Website and Extension and any problems you experience with them.
- Aggregated data. Finally, we may collect data about your device, usage, and activity in aggregated form. Such data does not reveal your identity and can never be linked back to you.
3. How Information is Used and Shared
BestSuggest will only share your information with our officers, directors, members, principals, employees, consultants, agents, subsidiaries, and affiliates; our service providers, vendors, and partners; and appropriate authorities in connection with the following purposes.
- Providing and improving our services. We use collected data to provide relevant recommendations and Sponsored Content to you to enhance your online experience. From time to time, we may use data collected to improve our products, including adding new features or functions or releasing new versions of the Extension. We may also use data to run analytics on the performance of our business.
- User support. We use data you provide when you contact us by email to communicate with you. We may also use collected data to diagnose problems, repair errors, and provide other support services.
- To protect you and other users of our services. We use data to protect the security and safety of our users, to detect and prevent fraud, and to protect against any misuse of the Website or Extension.
- Vendor support. We may share your data with our service providers, vendors, and partners so they can assist with our services. This includes vendors that run technical and developmental support for our Website and Extension; communications support; network, storage, and other related technology; and analytics.
- Legal obligations. We may use your data during dispute resolution, to limit our legal liability, and to protect our rights or the rights of others. Your data may also be shared when we are legally required to do so, including to comply with court orders and cooperate with investigations or other proceedings. Finally, if we go through a merger or acquisition or other similar business transition, your data will likely be among the assets transferred.
4. Cookies and Online Technologies
We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect information collected from unauthorized access and improper use. This information is kept on servers protected by firewalls and located within facilities only accessible to our authorized employees and personnel. Any information we collect is kept only as long as it is necessary for the purposes specified in Section 3. We will periodically review and update our security measures to accommodate changes to our services or industry. Please note though that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measures are impenetrable. Any information you transmit to us via the Website or our Extension is at your own risk.
6. California Data Rights
California residents have certain rights with respect to personal information collected by BestSuggest, according to the California Consumer Privacy Act. This includes the right to:
- Request deletion of the personal information we have collected about you
- Request access to the categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- Request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
You may submit your request here. We will need to verify your identity before responding to your request. We may reject requests, for example, where you do not provide sufficient information for us to verify your identity or where your request is unlawful or adversely affects the rights of others. Please note that we may not discriminate against you for exercising these rights.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We will need to verify your identity regardless, and as such, your agent must submit proof that they are registered with the California Secretary of State to be able to act on your behalf or evidence you have provided them with power of attorney. For security purposes, you and/or your authorized agent will only be able to submit requests via the proper browser and device on which our Extension is installed.
8. Children’s Privacy
Our services are directed solely to adults 18 years or older. We do not knowingly collet information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, YOU MUST STOP ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE AND UNINSTALL OUR EXTENSION. If we discover that we have collected information about a child under the age of 18, we will immediately delete such information.
Last Updated: December 6, 2021
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please do not hesitate to contact BestSuggest at [email protected].